Jeff Carl.
January 01, 2007
  January First, Two Thousand Seven A new year.

I looked up new in a dictionary and thesaurus. The words were comforting. It's not only moving on from the old, which sounds so routine and boring. New means fresh. New means "Never used or worn before now." We have a chance to start over... a chance to begin again. We have a chance to live the way we want to, as if it has never been even touched yet. We get to decide who we are.

...But something else caught my eye too in those two books. Listen to these references to new: unfamiliar or strange, inexperienced, unaccustomed, unfamiliar, unknown, and unusual. NEW means question marks. It's a blank slate ready to be filled. It is a new land ready to be explored. We are literally jumping into a year of the unknowns. Where will be be?

Who would have thought in this past year that I would have gone to a private Christian school again. Who would have thought my band would do so well? Who would have thought I'd already have a car? Who would have thought I'd already be in an accident? Who would have thought some relatives would die? Who would have thought MY dad...someone so healthy and strong, could be diagnosed with cancer? Who would have thought my mom would fall off a ladder and break ribs, her head, and a lung? Who would have thought my mom would have gullbladder problems and other health issues? Who would have thought my sister would start a new life in marriage with her husband? Who would have thought my church would be going through such a hard time? Who would have thought I would have such curly hair? Who would have thought I would lose friends? Who would have thought I'd be such good friends with the people I am closest to now? Those are just a few questions.

At the beginning of last year, those were the unknowns. This year, we are starting the unknowns. What will happen? Who will live? Who will change? Who will grow? Who will fall? Who will survive the unknowns?

All I know is, I know exactly who I have my hope in. Jesus Christ. He answers all the unknowns, regardless of how big or small they are. With him on my side, I am ready to start fresh. I am ready to jump. Ready to reach.

I am ready to fly.

Dear unknown, formally known as 2007:



"Bring it on."



Love, Jeff. 
Comments:
"Who would have thought I would have such curly hair?"

ahahahaha
 
this weekend was awesome.


"where you at?!?!?!"
"GAAAABE!!!"
"goes to show even stupid people can get rich."
"ummmm exactly why are we having this conversation?"
josh: "she wants me"
"open mouth, insert foot"
"what do you do with DEER PEE?!?!"





hahahahhahaha.

and thanks for conversations of substance. you know what i mean. and 2007? bring it on. i've already had an awesome start, so i'm feeling pretty positive:)


♥ Sab
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.