Jeff Carl.
March 20, 2007
  Goodbye. Alrighty, well I'm pretty much packed and ready to go. We're leaving tomorrow morning to fly to Marco. I am looking forward to playing piano at the funeral. My Grandma would have loved that.

I am playing a 15 minute prelude of Praise/Worship music first. Then, during the service, I am going to play one of my grandparent's favorite songs from the musical Evita, and it is called Don't Cry for Me Argentina, a classic. My Grandma Sheila loved that song, and she used to play it on their grand piano, and my Grandaddy would come along side of her and they'd sing it together. Finally, I'm going to be playing a song called Fly. I wrote it for Grandma Sheila to say Goodbye. Here are the lyrics:


Verse 1:
Not all fallen petals have fallen beauty.
Some, they last for all time.
A color too pure to be erased...
A love too sure to be replaced...
...One of a kind.

Chorus:
Farewell. Goodbye, but this will not be the last time.
Know that our love will be flying with you
In the morning trees, in the moonlight meadows,
In the afternoon breeze, in the dew-soaked petals.
You'll be there by our sides when we just wanna cry.
You'll be there by our sides in a star's twinkle. Now fly.

Verse 2:
Not all heroes will be remembered
Sometimes lives, they become old
But you will remain sewn in our hearts
Your smile will last, never to depart
And now we cry...

Chorus

Bridge:
Sometimes life seems it will never end,
Each trial ending with a pain-filled dead end,
And though we fight so hard, and we lose a friend,
We all know that we will see you again.

Chorus

Conclusion:
Spread your wings and
Fly....
Spread your wings and
Fly....
Come on now and
Fly....
Come on now let's
Fly....

Farewell. Goodbye.




So anyways.... that's that. I hope everyone likes it, considering no one besides me has heard the final product. Most importantly, I hope my Grandma Sheila likes it as she's listening in Heaven.

I hope everybody has a good week. Prayers would be appreciated for my family/extended family/my Grandaddy especially. I will keep you guys in prayer as well, and I hope you all live every day to the fullest. You never know when your life could be over. Live.

-Jeff Carl 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.