Jeff Carl.
April 07, 2007
  Love You know, it's amazing how we lose track of life sometimes. As it is Easter, of course many people are reminded of God's love for us and "what life is all about." Unfortunately, for so many people, that renewed view doesn't last, and I'm including myself in that. Well, for me, I've been a Christian almost all of my life. I wish I could say I have spent every single year growing more and more in Christ, but that would be a lie. I've had multiple conversations with Sabrina lately, where we've talked about a guy she knows who is a new believer.

We mention his passion, his anxiety for God, his genuiness, his yearning, his innocence. Why can't those of us who have known God for way longer than he has have just as much passion. You think we would have read the Bible 238 times by now. You think we'd be praying 23 hours a day. You think we'd be thanking God for every aspect of our lives, but we find ourselves with our backs towards God almost daily. How embarassing and shameful. We hear the same Easter story every year, and many people are absolutely transformed and mesmerized by it every year. That is the renewing transformer of their lives. Well, for me, this year, it isn't the Easter story specifically that is transforming me. It is something different.

You see, as many of you know, my Grandaddy just lost his wife, Grandma Sheila, a few weeks ago. I'm sitting writing this entry as some people, including my Grandaddy, are listening to a recording of Grandma Sheila's service. I was listening for awhile, and even as I'm writing this, I can still hear it in the background. Grandaddy has been crying on and off. He never cries (well...never used to, really) His heart is absolutely broken. "More than half of me is dead," he said today. His life has been transformed...

and here I find myself on occasion complaining about people, gossiping, pitying myself, or whatever. THAT IS NOT WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT. Life is about love. First, our love for God. Second, our love for each other. This Easter, I urge you to reconsider where you are right now in your life. My grandma's life ended so unexpectedly. We don't know what second will be our last. I could die in five minutes. I could die in seventy years. I don't know, but I'm scared of the idea of dying not living like God would live. It's not like God tells us we have to save a country every five seconds. The small stuff is a good place to start. Smile. Forgive. Laugh. Be honest. Trust. Be genuine and real. LOVE. Real love.

I am so embarassed by how selfish I am in my life. This Easter, I want to change my life. I don't want to be the same person I was. I want to be one step closer to living like God would live.

I know some people think I'm a goody goody. I know some people think I try to force my "ways" on others. They think I think my methods are the only way. They are perfect. I'm perfect. That's not the case at all. First of all, when I write these entries, I'm not talking to anyone specifically. I'm just talking generally to a world that is drastically changing and sad. I care about people. See, that's my point. That's what I'm realizing. Life is about people. Life is about love. So maybe instead of complaining about someone who did something to you (just an example), go up to someone you don't know and just ask them what their name is and smile. You could change someone's life. It reminds me of the Superchick song "Hero" or something. Look up the lyrics.

Like I said, all I'm trying to do is make people think. Just... think. Are you happy with how you're living the one life you have on this planet?

-Jeff 
Comments:
not only are you totally correct, but i love how you can put into the words everything that i can never say. so thanks.

life is getting crazy. i know it's already crazy for you...but i'm starting to feel like the conference high is wearing off. thanks to certain stupid stresses that should NOT be there.

i just keep praying. and i can't wait to see you. we have to get together at some point. I'M GOING THROUGH JEFF CARL WITHDRAWL!!!!


♥Sab

p.s. i put your dad down as one of my references in a few of my work apps...so if he gets some phone calls that is why. i hope he doesnt mind!
 
hey jeffrey carl...
i miss you...a lot.
& i was thinking about camp a few days ago and it was just...nice. remembering when we were young and who weve become. although i miss it...and the tree :)
lets get together soon and chat k?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.