Jeff Carl.
April 06, 2007
  Sandy Toes Well, today was another great day. After posting my entry this morning, I went down to the beach with all the kids. We made three different sand castles. Mine stood the longest, but it was a tiny bit further away from the water than theirs, but I also had good help from Katie, my little cousin. She and I worked hard on ours, and we rock...haha. :)

After the beach, we went to the pool, and I played with Katie and Jonathon. They would lay on a pool mat, and I swam underneath and pushed upwards, making them fly off into the water. It was fun. Then, we went up to eat an awesome lunch of the basics, ya know... sandwiches, chips, fruit juice. It was amazingly delicious. Somehow, everything is better in Florida. The air is better. The food tastes better. My hair is better. The water quenches better. My skin is darker...better? haha. You get the picture.

After lunch, Dave and I went on a walk on the beach. We did our "regular walk" down to a certain point on Hideaway Beach's beach where you can't get past some trees or something. On the way, we went to the sandbar at the club to use the restroom, then we were like, "Let's get some lemonade." (because like everything else, there is no lemonade anywhere better than the lemonade at the sandbar of Hideaway Beach on Marco Island.) So we got lemonade and kept walking until we turned around and returned to the complex and went back to the pool. We went to the hot tub, then we went swimming in the regular pool again. After the pool, Dave and I were going to go on another walk in the opposite direction on the beach, but we got Kris, Davy, and Ryan and took the golf cart around Hideaway Beach. It was so fun. We love just driving around seeing the different houses. This was the first time I've been able to drive the golf cart, and it was really fun. Eventually, we went back upstairs to the condo.

I took a lonnnnng shower, got dressed, then played some piano before we left to go out to dinner. Tonight, we went to the Marco Island Yacht Club. After eating, Dave, Ryan, and I went on the docks to look at all the massive yachts docked. When we got home, I played piano, and everyone was singing and dancing with each other. Then, Dave, Ryan, Kris, Davy, and I went back downstairs to get the golf cart again. We drove around in the community in the dimlit streets, and it was so fun seeing all the mansions at night, all wonderfully lit. Again, I got to drive so it was awesome. When we got back, we came back upstairs only for Dave, Ryan, and I to turn around and go back downstairs. We went back out the beach to walk on the cool sand. It was awesome for two main reasons. The wind today was SOARING ALL DAY....so hard. It was sweet. Secondly, the stars were absolutely gorgeous. God is awesome for the display of the night sky. Finally, we came back upstairs for good, and here I am, 11:00 at night writing this entry.

I hope everyone at home is doing well. I'm really sad that I didn't get to see Maggi this week. We were planning on that for so long, and I completely forgot about the fact that I was going to be in Florida. She was very understanding, though, so thank God she's a wonderful person. I hope we get to see each other soon.

Anyways.... this was a completely random and unimportant and boredom-induced post that you all probably don't care about at all, but here it is, nevertheless. Again, hope you all are great. I miss my friends.


-Jeff 
Comments:
sounds like paradise
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.