Jeff Carl.
July 02, 2007
  the myrtle turtle Myrtle Beach has been awesome so far to say the least. To be honest, it's been more than vacation. It's been a journey, and I don't care whether or not you think I'm making it seem like way more than it is, but I'm serious, this has been amazing. To actually take a few days and slow down from everyday life, the hustle and bustle, and just relax and do nothing. It amazes me to no end how some people hate silence. Hate doing nothing. Hate being alone. I love it. I love the opposite too, but I just love silence and all that stuff. This has been an incredible week of getting reconnected with Jesus. It's been sweet getting to hang out with iEvan. It's been awesome getting to ride the huge waves at the beach. It's been awesome celebrating birthdays. It's been great being with my family. It's been incredible being in warm weather and sunshine. It's just so relaxing.

And I guess that one of the greatest things of all which goes way further than this text is that I'm soaking up every moment of life right now. I'm moving in a month and two days from now. There's a possibility that the next time I will see my house/friends/whatever once we move is Christmas. Do you know how psycho that is? Again, I'm excited for this adventure, but more and more things, both good and possibly bad, are hitting me one by one. This is gonna get really intense really fast, so I'm enjoying what I guess you can call the calm before the storm. I know God will help me along, as he is always with me no matter what.

I'm going to bed right now. Just wanted to give everyone an update. The PT stuff is sounding incredible. iEvan and I made t-shirts. I had a cake (for my mom too) for my birthday. I am getting a tan. I love water, and I think if reincarnation were true, I'd want to be a fish.

Next stop.... Virginia.


-Jeff 
Comments:
hey,
I'm leaving you a comment on your blog, how oddly-weirdly-amazing is that? Yeah, i know what you mean about loving peace. That's probably one of my favorite things up here. Yes, there are 490 some campers here and yes, i have to make cheesecake and cookies and coffee cake and granola and muffins and...for all of them (well, me and two other people) not counting the 300 some staff members, but as soon as work is done for the day, i can walk for a moment, hike out in the woods down a path, and it's just me and God and a lake full of sunsets and trees full of singing birds and quiet rustling. That's what i love about here.
Anyhow, this comment is really long, sorry, but i haven't talked to you in a while. I'd like to tell you about my getting a cell phone and my going to Argentina next year for school, but i hyave to go now. Don't e-mail me, i don't know when i'll get to go on the computer again.
TTYL.
~kat
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.