Jeff Carl.
August 04, 2007
  Chapter 17 Wow. So this summer, it became official that we were moving to Florida. Exciting, but in the distance. I had the mindset of making the most of this summer, and I have.... but everything was always.... well in a month and a half we're leaving....in a month we're leaving....three weeks....one week.... now all of the sudden, it's here. Right now, it is very late Saturday night. We're leaving on Monday. Tomorrow, Sunday, is my last full day here. This surreal expectancy has now become a rock-hard reality. It IS happening. Everything that has ever meant anything to me is back in the distance, whether I got in my car and drove home, away from it, or whether I stood in the road as it drove away from me for the last time. It just feels like so many chapters have all the sudden ended. The periods have been placed. The page has been turned. It's an empty page staring me in the face.

Future, here I come. God, I'm so glad you are with me. Thank you.


As always, Jeff. 
Comments:
i hope you have an AMAZING rest of the year:) i know i don't have to remind you, but KEEP IN TOUCH!!!! i miss you a lot. tell your family i said hiiii!!! and i'm definitely going to try and visit at some point:)

♥Sab
 
Yeah, that's it. That's exactly how i feel, and how i will feel again in the very near future. The summer ( for STC at least) is almost over. We've made the last cheesecake. We've been told to start packing our bags. And all the things i never quite found the time to do are all the sudden priorities, like tubing, i never went tubing. I never re-took my swim test. I never did the high ropes course. I never watched the sun rise out over the lake. And now the time is gone. Flown away on the wings of eagles never to return...
i think i'll just make the rest of my comment a blog entry.
But i do want you to know that I'm praying for you and that you have your very own ringtone on my phone so i'll know immediatly that it's you when you call ("Throw it away/ forget yesterday/ we'll make the great escape...")
I look forward to hearing about your adventures, and Febuary is not that far away.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.