Jeff Carl.
September 03, 2007
  charge complete Okay, Saturday, September 1, 2007. My day was awesome. Woke up at 11:00 AM after having an awesome time talking to Rachelle the night before (we pulled another talk until 3:00 in the morning things...we do that quite frequently for some reason). So yeah, 11:00 AM, my dad wakes me up and says, "Jeff, just letting you know that pancakes are gonna be ready in a couple minutes if you'd like to join us." So that right there was the sign to how my day was gonna go. haha

After breakfast.. or lunch I guess, my mom gave me a muuuuuch needed haircut, so it's a lot shorter now than it was, and I really like it. However, I think I might actually experiment with some "goop" stuff, 'cause it's at a pretty good length for that. So I was really happy to get my haircut, especially since I was sitting in front of a seventh story view of the Gulf of Mexico cascading onto the beaches of Marco Island, sprayed with palm trees and blue skies. Not too shabby at all.

After my haircut, I took a nice warm shower which of course felt amazing. I swear I could take a shower for 4 days straight and not stop enjoying it. After my shower, I sat down at my new keyboard and worked on one of my new songs (called "Live to Die"), and I'm absolutely in love with this new song. It's a fast, upbeat, catchy song (hopefully...haha).

So yeah, I worked on that song for awhile. That's when my parents called me to go. We went to Naples for the night to hang out. During our restaurant searching, we found this awesome restaurant called Remy's Bistro, a local Italian restaurant. It was absolutely amazing. I partook of classic Italian white bread dipped in my first course of Cream of Asparagus and Chicken soup and then my entre of Chicken Marsala Fettucini, which was the best tasting pasta I've ever had. So after stuffing ourselves, we went to see Ratatouille, which was awesome... again. haha. It was really funny, because during the movie, the rat's name is Remy, and at the end, at the restaurant, the overhang over the door thing says Bistro on it. Remy's Bistro... sound familiar? haha yeah, that's what we thought.

On the way home, I got to talk to one of my best friends, Evan, while gazing outside of our car window at the night filled sky, flashing on and off due to a lightning storm going on. It was a spectacular sight. Once we were home, I played keyboard shortly, then proceeded to the lanai to chat with my mom. An hour later, my dad joined us, and we ended up talking for even longer. It's been awesome getting to be with my family so much, especially after a past year of basically seeing my parents about 5 minutes per day.

So after the normal people went to bed, that's when I decided to call Rachelle, and as I said, we ended up talking until like 3:00 in the morning, which was really fun of course. Eventually I went to bed, slept like a rock, woke up the next morning, and went to church. Church went very well. After church, we went to the island club to eat a wonderful lunch, then hung out here at home for a bit before Ryan and I went to youth group, which was fun. This weekend, we're going to Orlando, FL for the Rock the Universe festival at Universal Studios. It's gonna be really fun, 'cause we're gonna go to Islands of Adventure for half the day, then go to Universal for all the concerts and stuff at night, then spend the night at some nearby church, go to a service in the morning, then go back to universal for sunday as well. So it's a Saturday, Sunday type thing, but I'm really looking forward to it.

After youth group, I came home, played keyboard (suprise suprise), watched a movie, went for a late night swim with Ryan which was astonishing as always, then watched another movie (Meet the Robinsons....LOVE that movie, as does Rachelle. We pretty much are part of that movie). So that is where i am right now on Sunday nig-----Monday at 2:00 AM, writing this post (again, talking to Rachelle... haha).

So, as explained, life is amazing right now. It'd be hard for it to get much better. My spirit is just so refreshed and alive. I feel like a new person, honestly. God is so good to me. 
Comments:
Well, i'm really happy for you. I just finished applying for a student loan (which i had to do twice 'cause something went wrong the first time and i had to start over) i have a test on the handbook (which i haven't finished reading) in 30 min. and it's raining (how appropriate). I miss you a whole ton. It's so weird being in a group of 180 (the majority of the students haven't shown up yet), of having a whole caffeteria full of people and no one to sit next to. Anyhow, i'm glad you are having fun.
 
for a while i was upset you left corning

but i'd leave corning for paradise any day

hope all is well bro

-#1
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.