Jeff Carl.
September 19, 2007
  Rejuvination Okay, so today was great. I'm updating quickly, since I'm going to bed soon, butttt lemme give you the rundown.

Woke up, took a shower, went to classes. I gave my English presentation today (with my partner, Chris), and that went incredibily well (we got A's), so now I'm really happy that I don't have to worry about that.... not that I was worried, 'cause we were definitely prepared for it, but it's just nice to not have to deal with knowing you haven't gone yet. Sociology was also wonderful as usual. My government class was boring as usual, but hey, at least nothing BAD ever happens in that class. Anyways, overall.... great day academically.

Came home from that, and I hung out and watched Oceans Thirteen which was cool, even though I've already seen it. At 4:00, I had to leave to go get Ryan from school in Naples, so I did that (and talked to Rachelle on the way to/back). Once we got home, Ryan changed, then we turned around and went to church for a new program starting on Wednesday nights called Ignite. There are some different small groups (prayer time, "classes", the youth program, a children's program, etc...). That went incredibly well. My parents are involved with the teen program, and they're trying to start a music and drama team. We weren't sure what the reception would be like, but it turned out to exceed our expectations. The turnout was great, and the kids were allllll soooo absolutely excited about the new ideas and were even contributing their own ideas already. It was incredible.

After that, we came home, and I decided to do some excercise again. I went to the excercise room in our building, and did some stuff, then my dad showed me some stuff, then I went to the pool to do some laps, which is always incredible at night, because I'm the only one down there, it's dark, peaceful, and so serene. I love it, and of course... it's so refreshing. I proceeded to go upstairs afterwards and talked to my mom for a bit, had a healthy snack, then put a load of laundry in before coming into this room, sitting down at the computer, and writing this entry. Oh, by the way, if you haven't noticed, I'm starting the health thing again. I'm not saying I'm going to go psycho on it right away, but I am definitely revamping things, that's for sure. I've just let Satan get ahold of me in the way of slobbery/laziness. I've fallen to the temptation of junk food so many times, and I'm sick of it. Sugars/Starches/whatever are the MOST tempting things, but also the most unfullfilling /unsatisfying. So, I'm going back to the major reduction of sugar, lots of fruits, veggies, water, and consistent excercise gig. I'm so excited. Already, I have such a feeling of victory and motivation. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. I've just been so encouraged lately with a lot of things.

I also, as part of that encouragement, have PLANS!!! (woohoo) for tomorrow evening with two girls from my Sociology class. One of them lives on Marco and the other in Naples, but we're gonna go see a movie, and I might invite them over here to do swimming or whatever. We have things to do, especially since we're right on the beach. I am excited to actually do something with new people. That is a huge answer to prayer.

I am also officially payed up with my dad, so I am no longer in any kind of debt regarding my car, cell phone bills, or whatever. Not to mention, I apparently had way over calculated what I owe my dad, so it turns out I still have a LOT of excess money that I thought was going directly to my dad, so that is a huge excitement. Not in the sense that I'm going to throw it all away, but certainly in the sense that it's a huge stress reliever.

I'm excited for tomorrow. I'm waking up early to work out with Dad. Then I have an Algebra class which I'm looking forward to, so that I can find out what I got on my test that I took yesterday. Also, my parents, Grandaddy, and I are gonna play tennis at the club at some point, which will be fun, and I'm sure we'll take a dip in the pool afterwards. And of course, as I mentioned, I have the plans with two girls from my college class tomorrow night. So I hope everything'll go well.

So yup... things are going great right now. I leave a week from tomorrow to go up to New York! I am so absolutely excited for that. It's going to be so amazing to reunite with my friends. I am still on the waiting end of the Abercrombie situation, but I will keep any readers of this updated as best as I can in regards to that. I hope everybody is doing well. I miss you guys! Stay strong!

Refreshed, excited, happy, and ready,

Jeff Carl 
Comments:
okay, that post was exhausting....haha. so much energy! and i just dedicated my latest post to you, so read it ;) and....i just found your old blog by mistake...and one of the entries cracked me up. when we talk tomorrow, i'll share :)

i get to see you soon :)
 
i will not give in. you are evil, telling me to bed. i hope you are sad at my funeral....will you please sing?
 
Yay for health kicks!
Yay for cell phones and free time!

Listen, if i ever annoy you, please just let me know and i'll stop, i promise.

I can hardly wait for Christmas!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.