Jeff Carl.
September 15, 2007
  Say what? So... funny story. I had to drive Ryan to a birthday party in Naples today at the bowling alley. It was pointless for me to return home then go back to pick him up like an hour later (since it's a half hour drive), sooo I decided to kill some time. I decided to go to the huge mall called the Coastland Center Mall. I was by myself, and I had never been there before, so I didn't even know where to start, 'cause I had no idea what stores it even had.

Turns out, it's a very upper class mall in the sense that it has ALL the stores. Not just Old Navy, American Eagle, Hot Topic, and FYE. It's got the Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch as well. And not just those, it has a Nine West, Express, Godiva, and stores that carry Gucci, Versace, Dolce, and Oakley. Sooo I was very excited about all this. Anyways... I ended up buying two pairs of jeans and two long-sleeve shirts from Hollister, and then I made my way over to Abercrombie & Fitch and bought a bathing suit.

When I was checking out, the cashier was like, "Hey, if you're looking for work, we're hiring right now." I actually am looking for a job, so I was like.. uhhh, okay. So I went to the back of the store and filled out a computer application. The two cashiers that had told me I should apply seemed really nice, so that was cool. Anyways, tonight, not even a day later, I got a call from Abercrombie saying that they'd like to consider me.

I have a job interview on Tuesday, and it's looking pretty optimistic that it'll become a reality. I just love the fact that the term for employee there is model. I guess that'll be a good thing to add to my true-statements-but-in-reality-not-so-REAL-but-still-sounds-good list: Valedictorian (even though it was out of three students, including me) and now Abercrombie "Model" (even though it just means employee, basically...haha).

...so that's my funny story. Didn't see that one coming.

-Jeff 
Comments:
Thank you for updating us.
 
Oh man. Yes, you are the man. See you soon. I'm working on Alibi today, by the way(that rhymed!)
-iEvan
 
hahaha I am thoroughly amused by that. But I can see you as a Abercrombie worker- its totally you!

see you sooooooon

<3 Hannah
 
abercrombie&fitch huh?

i don't quite know what to say about that, lol.

P.S. gabe wants to go bowling when we're all together again in December. i say we plan a me, you, josh, ronnie, and gabe night of bowling again. because that was amazingly fun when we went back in February.

<3
 
actually, i talked to a girl here today, and she said that one of her guy friends was a model for Abercrombie, and all he actually did was walk around the store with abercrombie clothes on (thus the term "model"). So, you may end up being more of a model than you're anticipating (which i think would go really well with your personality, just stand around in stylish clothes and look at mirors all day [ha ha ha]). In all seriousness, that's an awesome God thing, and i'm excited for you (you know why the cashier offered you a job right? It's cause you're HOT :)
Talk to you soon.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.