Jeff Carl.
November 27, 2007
  Thanksgiving




***Last three images stolen from John Carl's facebook.***



Thanksgiving was certainly different this year, but oh how incredibly awesome it was. I think it was our first thanksgiving NOT in our house, and not only that, but the entire family wasn't there either. My dad and brother and uncle were out in Las Vegas for my Aunt Linda (and now Uncle Joe's) wedding. CRAZY! So anyways, even though we were sad that dad and Dave couldn't join us, John, Ally, Laura, and Dar all got to come down to Marco for the holiday! It was no joke the most fun I've had since I've been down here. It was so incredible. I am not even going to try to describe how the weekend went, but I have my memories. I just can't describe how much I love my family, and how much I'm glad to be in this Carl family. I love my siblings, and I love my parents, and I love the times we spend together. The main reason why is because we're living in the days that we talked about growing up. It's insane to think that they've arrived, but the harsh reality is that they're here. Those days when it's a rare occasion to have the whole family in one place. The days where you could go months without seeing a family member. The days when you'd reminisce about the old days. Those days are here. It is scary, but at the same time, it is invigorating and exciting. The only thing ahead is the future and what we make of it. I am ready to make every moment count, seize the day, and lunge into this scary, huge, unknown abyss that we call tomorrow and take it by the horns. I'll tell you what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for my family, who amidst the storms and the quakes are there for me no matter what, supporting everything I do, and above all... love me. I love my family.


-Jeff Carl


p.s. This is a video I made for our church's Wednesday night program called Ignite. It is about the youth's S.W.A.T. music/drama team that has been going on for 8 weeks:


 
Comments:
First of all, I MISS YOU!!! (dogon you, Jeff Carl, i'm just about in tears!) I called you last night, but you weren't home from work yet. It was really depressing.
Second of all, may i just say that all of the kids in the Swat video (with the exclusion of Ryan and yourself) look so young! I felt really old just looking at them. (Please tell Ryan that i miss him too).
Lastly, all of the pictures are amazing...you did a great job on the video...WHEN ARE YOU COMMING UP HERE? (everything has changed [well, not everything, but there's been a cosmic shift] and i find myself in great want of somebody who is always himself).
As always, i miss you dreadfully.
~ (i)
 
i deleted my blog. but i'll keep commenting you cuz i think i kinda like you...or something like that...hahah:) can't wait until you're back here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
What's up with the one-liner comments that could mean anything at all?! It simply drives me up-the-bloomin'-wall when you do that!

But anyhow, i like the new look. It's very sleek, clean, fresh, new, modern...and the symbol was a very nice touch (as were the links and the beautiful blue playlist...and i really like the first song as well.)

as always , i miss you quite dreadfully.

~ take a wild guess
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.