Jeff Carl.
December 20, 2007
  Belong I am home. I can't even explain how good it is to be home again. This is where I belong. I'd love to travel the world throughout my future career, but there will be no place in my entire life that matches just exactly how I feel about my home of 17 years in New York. It makes me sad to think that someday, we'll officially move out of this place, but man, I can't explain how much I love it. (oh, p.s. we officially don't have Kitty Carl anymore. I found that out as I arrived today. My mom told me she finally got someone who would take care of her TODAY! Soo... I just missed saying goodbye to her by hours. It's really sad, yet she really needed an official home. I loved her, but oh well. Just one more thing to add to the ever growing list of new chapters of life.)

ANYWAYS, well the last couple days have been a blur of excitement. It's been incredible, fast, exhausting, but amazingly fun being in Florida with Rave. We did everything we had wanted to do, so I'm content now. haha. We had been anticipating it for awhile now, so it's good that it's finally happened. It was incredible. We have spent the last two days traveling, so I'm exhausted from that (one more thing to add to how amazing it is to be HOME). We left Marco Island yesterday morning, drove to the airport, flew to Atlanta, then to Dayton. Thankfully, there were no issues, so it was smooth traveling. Once we got to Dayton, we stayed the night at one of Rachelle's parents' friends' house. This morning, we went left, stopped by Rachelle's very nice, new apartment, and then we did a little Christmas shopping, and finally "officially" left at around 1:30. We only made one real stop on the 7 hour drive home, so we made pretty good time. Again, VERY smooth traveling. It was nice. Thank you, God. :)

Said goodbye to Rave, then spent awhile talking to Mom. Haven't seen Dave yet, but I'm excited to. I've just been in awe of everything. I see all these things that bring back all these memories. It just seems weird that I could feel this way after only being gone 5 months. I mean, I've lived here 17 years, and it's not like I've been gone years. I guess the situation just has given me a little more perspective I guess. It's insane.

I can NOT wait to see all my friends and family. This Christmas break is probably going to be one of the most insane one's I've ever had. We'll have a household of 11 people or something. It's going to be carazay, but we've done worse, so we're ready. haha. It'll be magical.

I'm just happy if you haven't noticed yet. Just ask Rachelle about the last... say 10 minutes of the car ride. haha. I was flipping out..... in a good way. :)

Can't wait to see you guys.

Always,
Jeff Carl 
Comments:
oooooooooh Kitty Carl... I never got to say goodbye :(

GLAD YOU'RE HOME!!!!!

-Hannahhh
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.