Jeff Carl.
December 27, 2007
  To Be Jolly What a Christmas. It was incredible. I won't go into too much detail, but basically, it was just an amazing, relaxed, fun day with the whole family. These past few days have been incredible, just spending so much time together. It's just again so weird that these are the times that will be fewer and fewer. It's sad, yet amazing to think about how powerful these times are now. Every time we hang out now as a family, it's awe-inspiring. Every breath is a walk down memory lane. Every laugh is absorbed for future comfort. Every smile is remembered. Every connection is strong. It's amazing.

Anyways, this year's Christmas was a little different in that for the five Carl kids, we all agreed to pick names this year, so that we could spend MORE for a nicer gift for one person as opposed to spending less on four siblings. My person was John, so I got him a pair of Abercrombie jeans which he loves. The person who had me was Laura, and she and Dar got me two gift cards, one to Best Buy and one to ITUNES. WOO HOO! I love that. Pavel, John's Russian friend who is visiting with John got me two amazing, very nice drawing pads for my architectural designs (which he discovered I like to do and asked me to help design a house he wants to build in real life... wow). Uncle Tom got Ryan and me an XBOX game, and my Aunt Linda and Uncle Joe got me a Visa Gift Card. The drum roll occurred, however, when it was my parents' turn. There were five gigantic bags, all matching, and we (the kids) didn't know what they were or anything. We each had to open the bag at the same time, and it was incredible. At first, we were like... "umm....oh" 'cause there was just a huge towel inside each bag, but hidden in the towel for John, Laura, and Me, were envelopes. Basically, to sum it up, David and Ryan got XBOX 360 Elites with the whoooooole kit (XBOX live, controllers, rechargeable batteries, cords, etc...), and John, Laura, and I each got a huge APPLE gift card!!!! and turns out, my parents' gift to each other is an Apple as well, so there will be five new Apple computers/laptops in the family. It was breath taking when we saw what it was... totally unexpected. God has blessed us so amazingly, and it is incredible to see how he is working right now.

So that was my Christmas. It was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to get my new Mac.


-Jeff Carl 
Comments:
haha mac computers confuse me so much...yay for christmas surprises though:)

so let's see...

par-tay at my house: 3 days
par-tay in FL!!!!: 9 days

i'm so excited cuz i think 2008 is gonna start out just perfect:)


 
Merry Christmas to you as well!
a couple of quick things...
1. We're never going to be able to see each other before i leave, (sorry to put it so bluntly) so, well, goodbye, and good luck. I hope our paths cross again.
2. My internship in Jamaica has been approved, so i'll be in Jamaica for the entire summer.
3. I met with the Air force recruiter today, and during my break in March, i'll be taking some tests and a physical and stuff, then in late August/early September i'll be going into baisic training.
4. Yes, most all sevicemen/woman get sent to Iraq. I'll try to not be a journalist, if that makes you feel any better. (The recruiter said that only 31 Airmen have been killed in Iraq, and most of them are Special Ops., which since i'm a woman, i don't qualify for)

I miss you.

See you in a lifetime or so.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.