Jeff Carl.
October 05, 2006
  arg In our family, there's always so much stress involved with leaving for a trip, and this is just a weekend vacation too. To Cleveland, Ohio to visit the grandparents. It never fails, though, honestly.... no matter what day we leave on, how much sleep people get, how prepared we are, there's so much stress involved. Every time. I'm not going to go into detail; it's just frustrating. haha.

I'm going to have time to think in the car.
I don't know if that's good or bad,
'cause lately... I've been thinking about a lot.
And to be honest, I don't know how I feel, really.
I think I'm just confusing myself more and more.
Oh well.
Like I said in my last post, I've just been in weird moods lately...grumpy, you know?
I miss people, I can't figure myself out, There's a lot of stress in the house, Not a lot of sleep,
Busy schedule (which I don't like), I don't know what else... it's just, certainly odd indeed.

But, God is in control. Maybe that's what I am learning through my mood lately.
My biggest struggle in my Christian walk is lack of time daily in God's Word.
I know that that is the food that feeds believers, and I know that I am hungry for it, thirsty for it, craving it,
because God can give me answers through it.... yet I refuse to be disciplined, and I can't keep blaming that on Satan.
I need to step up and do this on my own. I NEED to do my devos. I need to be more receptive to God. Maybe lately, I've just been thinking of God as too much of a powerful, controlling God. Not that he's not, but how often do I close my eyes, quiet my heart, and just say, "Hey, Dad. I love you."

I've been listening to hardcore Gospel music lately. As much as I love it, maybe that's what is making me go insane after a couple hours of listening to that stuff.

Anyways, this is my last update before we leave tomorrow after school. Sorry it was more of a low-key post, but I hope everyone has a great Colombus Day Weekend. I know lots of my college friends went home for the weekend, so enjoy you guys. I miss my college friends.

And I won't stop saying that, 'cause I do. I don't know why it's been so bad lately, but I miss them a lot. a lot.

-Jeff Carl
www.myspace.com/periloustimes
www.myspace.com/jeffcarl 
Comments:
i missssssssssssss you jeff....i decided i'm coming home the weekend of the 21st. so maybe we can all get together that weekend. no exceptions...we gotta work this out.

hope you had massive amounts of fun in ohio. i had an interesting weekend home...nothing important lol, just little things.

but yeah. see you soon. talk to you sooner.

Sab:)
 
I miss you a lot jeff. You should come up and visit. I want to just sit and talk and be stupid with you cause I miss that.

<3 Hannah
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.