Jeff Carl.
October 05, 2007
  A Lasting Change So many people think that change is bad. We all have our little bubble, and things go exactly how they are supposed to. We are wanted. Heard. Accepted. Encouraged. Loved. When that bubble breaks though, it's as if nothing will ever be the same. But who decided that?

Since I've been in Florida, it has been a constant struggle in the way of friendship. I definitely had my bubble of friends up North this past year, and I loved that. I was comfortable around them. But I've had to expand my horizons down here. I've had to let go a little. Let go of my friends up north. That's not to say I distance myself from them, but there is 100% a definite CHANGE in those relationships. People can choose to accept that or not. They react to something as if things should be exactly how they were. They're offended by something that isn't my fault. It's not my fault. It's change's fault. We can learn how to deal with change though, that is what makes it sad. It's all WORKING for the relationship. It's no longer seeing the person every day or twice a week or three times a week or whatever. It's making an effort to communicate. However, lives separated by 1500 miles does a lot to a relationship. Sometimes schedules conflict. Sometimes plans are different. Sometimes accessibility changes. Sometimes, cell phones are stupid. The thing is, when those things happen, it doesn't HAVE to be a huge bad ordeal. It's just different. Expectations can NOT be the same. Desires can NOT be the same. Wants, habbits, traditions.... can't be the same.

Change can be good and bad. However, if chosen, it CAN be mostly good. It's just a matter of how we view change. Obviousely, in my example, I've used friendships-being-split-apart-by-a-move as the change, but I think the concept is true regardless: Change happens, and it brings along things we're not used to. We can't expect things to be exactly how they were. We simply have to learn the new things and go with it.

I'm learning this in multiple ways. But....I'm not the only one who needs to accept this.

Have a little more faith in true friendship. I'm not changing. 
Comments:
Amen :)

I'm still here...
 
i'm kinda wondering if you wrote this somewhat kinda-ish for me, and if that's the case, i'm sorry for my part in it. I hope what i said to you last time we talked didn't kill what was left of our friendship. I really miss you... i have more i would say, but i can't say it here. Too may eyes and too many ways it could all be taken wrong. I hope to talk to you someday and explain everything, but that seems like going to Mars. Don't call unless you really want to.
~kat
 
*high-five*

bff for life, my brotha.


hahaha. :)



 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States
Archives
December 2005 / January 2006 / May 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / May 2009 / October 2009 / Check out older posts at jeffcarl.blogspot.com and jeffcarl.easyjournal.com.